According to the NIH (National Institute of Health), upwards of 70% of boys in early- to mid-puberty experience gynecomastia due to natural hormonal fluctuations. However, 65% of middle-aged and older men also experience this embarrassing,...
The universal desire to retain one’s youthful appearance in old age has existed for a long time. Your face is probably the first thing that people notice about you and it often acts as a mirror to your personality.
It is only natural then that you seek the help of cosmetic surgery on experiencing the first signs of aging such as wrinkles, jowls, and sagging skin. These cosmetic procedures not only improve your overall facial appearance, but also boost your self-confidence.
A full facelift, also known as Rhytidectomy, is a major cosmetic surgery that tones the face, reduces wrinkles and revives the original appearance of the face. A mini face lift, on the other hand, is a minor procedure that corrects sagging cheeks and revitalizes your appearance.
If you are in the early stages of aging and need to add definition to your cheeks, a mini facelift is an effective way to achieve beautiful skin.
A mini facelift has certain advantages over conventional facelift surgeries. The procedure can:
• Accentuate Natural Beauty – A mini facelift is targeted at specific areas and blends with your natural appearance, thereby enhancing your beauty.
• Reduce Scarring – Small cuts made around the hairline are easily concealed and blends with facial features.
• Be performed Under Local Anesthesia – Unlike in a full facelift, the patient is administered local anesthesia. The disorientation experienced with general anesthesia is completely avoided as the patient remains awake during the procedure.
• Be Performed Quickly- While a full facelift requires several hours to be completed, a mini facelift is a much quicker procedure.
• Make The Recovery Process Easier – It is possible to return to work within a couple of weeks after a mini facelift as there is minimal swelling and tenderness.
In order to be eligible for this procedure, you must keep the following in mind:
• You should consult a professional cosmetic surgeon and discuss the procedure as well as its possible outcomes.
• You need to have realistic expectations about the procedure.
• You need to be in good general health and be free of any skin allergies or infections.
• You need to be prepared to follow your surgeons pre-operative and post-operative instructions.
A mini facelift surgery tightens the tissue in the targeted area after removing the excess fat and saggy skin from that region. Each facelift is tailor made according to the requirements of the patient to guarantee a revitalized appearance.
Your surgeon will make multiple small incisions that extend from the ear to the hairline. The tissue around the chin is pulled upwards until there is an alteration in the underlying muscle and fat tissues. This helps in re-contouring the face and sutures are then placed to complete the procedure.
It is common to experience some tenderness and swelling after the procedure, but it will subside in time. If it is too uncomfortable, it can be resolved with a compression garment and medication prescribed by your surgeon.
Sutures are generally removed after a week and depending on your recovery, you can return to work. A mini facelift is a quick way to rejuvenate your appearance, restoring it to its former glory in the most harmonious manner.
Interested in learning more about the mini facelift? Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Steven Bloch, a board-certified plastic surgeon.
You Might Also Enjoy...
Satisfaction with what you see looking back at you in the mirror plays a big part in fostering a sense of personal contentment, and freedom from the signs of aging and unwanted trouble spots is almost certain to nurture a heightened state of...
We don’t talk about it very often, but many women share the same feminine health concerns. The simple fact is that women have plenty of concerns about their vaginal health and appearance, but until now there haven’t been many options for...
Cheek implants are used to augment the shape and definition of the cheeks. They can be used to solve a number of issues for patients, but they are not appropriate for everyone. How do you know if you are a good candidate for these implants?...
Breast reduction surgery, known in the medical community as reduction mammaplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess breast tissue, fat and skin from your chest. At Body by Bloch, we are proud to offer reduction mammaplasty...
You may be perfectly satisfied with the techniques and execution of your breast augmentation procedure; however, you may also decide your procedure hasn’t helped you achieve your goals...