If you are considering getting breast augmentation in the Chicago metro area talking to Dr. Steven Bloch, from Body by Bloch, can be of great help. With over 25 years experience and his unsurpassed reputation of innovation and excellence, he is internationally recognized as one of the top plastic surgeons in his field. He will tell you that one of the most important decisions you are going to make regarding breast augmentation, aside from choosing a doctor, is whether to get saline or silicone breast implants. To help you decide, you would need to carefully evaluate each one to arrive at a wise decision.
Saline Breast Implants
- As the name suggests, these are filled with saline. They are inserted empty, and once they are in the correct position, they are then filled in with sterile salt water.
- These implants can be used on women who are 18 years old and above for purposes of breast augmentation. Women of any age can use saline breast implants for reconstruction of the breasts.
- A small incision is made to insert the implant mainly because, as mentioned, it is inserted empty.
- As for appearance, saline implants have the tendency to create skin wrinkles or ripples on the skin of the breast. Plus, the breasts look unnatural and stiff.
Silicone Breast Implants
- These implants are filled up with silicone gel. It is a sticky, thick and viscous fluid that seems to feel like natural human fat tissue.
- These implants are used on women who are 22 years old and above for purposes of breast augmentation. Women of any age can use silicone breast implants for breast reconstruction.
- Silicone implants require a larger incision compared to saline implants. This is because the silicone implant is already pre-filled with gel before it is inserted into the breasts.
- Most women say that silicone breast implants feel and look like real breasts – and the risk of creating wrinkles/ripples on the skin is lesser.
- These implants are more expensive than saline ones.
Talk to Dr. Bloch today or visit www.bodybybloch.com for more information on breast augmentation.